Over 28% of Internet users engage through Instagram (Over 500 Million Users) and every third user is an Online Shopper. Instagram Engagement is 10 times higher than Facebook, 84 times higher than Twitter and 58 times higher than Pinterest
- Make sure to post on regular basis. Try to post every day and not go days without.
- Don’t post bad photos. Do you want to look at bad photos?
- Focus on engagement not follower numbers. Engagement with people will produce much better results
- Be real. Be authentic. Be you. And never ask people to follow you back
- Always follow less than are following you.
- Don’t do the follow/unfollow game – it’s so obvious when people do it
- Don’t – abuse hashtags. Stay with the one that relate closest you and your interests
- Be creative. Instagram rewards creativity.
Most of all, keep at it and don’t give up. Don’t expect a change overnight. It takes time to build a following on Instagram
Much like the reviews, many online shoppers use social media as a trust indicator when purchasing from a store for the first time. You can be on every single social network but if you have no followers and engagement, it may end up doing more harm than good.